POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : For the wishlist... : Re: For the wishlist... Server Time
27 Apr 2024 17:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For the wishlist...
From: Lawrence W
Date: 16 Jan 2007 00:50:00
Message: <web.45ac669827a5e58463b265170@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> schreef in bericht
> > Thomas de Groot <t.d### [at] internldotnet> wrote:
> >> If you try to render
> >> directly from Moray to pov 3.7, yes, you are in deep trouble.
> >
> >  Is this a problem with povray or with moray (do I remember correctly
> > that moray cannot properly call povray 3.6 either?).
> >
> >  If it's the latter, why isn't moray updated to work with all povray
> > versions between 3.5 and 3.7?
> >

> The problem has indeed started with the release of  POV-Ray version 3.6.
> Unfortunately, Lutz has never updated Moray to work properly with POV-Ray
> versions higher than 3.5. Real Life you know, as fas as I understand.....
> :-(
>
> Thomas

Yes, that's what they say ("they" being the higher lifeforms who are in
charge of watching the life-living habits of people everywhere).  This is a
perfect example of making Moray OSS.  Something Lutz wants to hear?  Of
course not, but if no development work is being done on Moray, and hasn't
been done for years, it just amounts to a dead project.  Money can't be a
concern, considering it's shareware, so if real life is seriously that much
in the way, why not simply become principle developer and let everyone else
do the grunt work?  I mean, its not like there wouldn't be anyone willing
to pick it up...

Nonetheless, Lutz rules, but its becoming a token praise.